~ Day 6 ~
~ Friday, December 19th, 2014 ~
Find Your Inspiration
You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
– Jack London
Get motivated! Do whatever it takes. Then let your mind wander into the territory of what you might do to address some of the challenges you identified yesterday. Soon, we’ll make it official, so be ready!
– Matt Frazier
Completed my anchor habit for 10 minutes. Did back bending poses from Om Yoga. Pigeon pose with bent leg is getting easier. Holding half-wheel with one leg up was harder than I expected, and so was two legs up, laying on back!
What inspires me?
These people are sources of inspiration for me. Who’s your inspiration? Comment below.
2. Thich Nhat Hanh – Buddhist poet
3. Elise Radtke-Rosen – Jivamuktiyoga instructor
4. Seane Corn – yoga instructor
5. Ash Beckham: Coming Out of Your Closet – TedEx Talk
– This person may not be Buddhist but they’re definitely in touch with the universal nature of suffering. 🙂
6. Audre Lorde – writer
7. Barbara Kingsolver – author Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
8. Nicole Wilder – friend
9. Sylvia Rivera – activist
10. Anne Phibbs Ph.D. – mentor
11. Sharon Gannon & David Life: Founders of Jivamukti Yoga
12. Om Movement Studio: Portland Oregon
– Self-ideas for the space: Yoga. Meditation. Art Studio. Doula office. Cooking Classes. Craft Bazaars.
– Their space: Bellydance. Tango. Capoeira. Yoga. Ecstatic Dance. Meditation. Dance and theater rehearsals. Men’s and Women’s Groups. Networking Meetings. Benefits. Fundraisers. Local artist holiday markets.
14. Mark – Founer Common Ground Meditation Center
15. Kristin Kali – MAIA Midwifery, Los Angeles
16. Briohny Smyth – Daily Burn Yoga Instructor